MIDI monitor MIDI Chatter

Discussions specific to all Berglund Instruments.
wshNPC

MIDI monitor MIDI Chatter

Post by wshNPC »

I have a midi Monitor that is showing a lot of Pitch Wheel signals when I am not touching anything. Seems like Pitch Wheel is too sensitive. How do I adjust this to make sure that there is no defect.
windsynthhelp
Site Admin

Re: MIDI monitor MIDI Chatter

Post by windsynthhelp »

This is simply a function of fine tuning the adjust parameters.

This portion of video will help you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dkjk3b4stY&t=2824s

It is encouraged to review this page (with Curt Sipes video based conversion of the users manual) ...

https://berglundinstruments.com/get-started/

... once you get all the key sensors of the NuRAD "adjusted" appropriately, .. you will not see MIDI chatter
wshNPC

Post by wshNPC »

I still have some issues that I cannot diagnose. I have some Midi sensors that are out of control, and I cannot get them to stop. Even when I am not touching any controllers there are midi messages being sent. I have gone through diagnostics to auto sense sensitivity and there seems to be an issue.
windsynthhelp
Site Admin

Post by windsynthhelp »

Did you go into each sensor adjust menu item?

click the [ Menu ] to initiate the menu
click the [ Down ] button until you reach [ Adjust ]
click [ Enter ]
use the [ Up ] [ Down ] buttons to navigate through each sensor adjust setting.
click [ Enter ] to initate editing of that adjust parameter.
click [ Up ] [ Down ] buttons to adjust THR (threshold) levels for each sensor
click [ Enter ] to save the setting (and to move on to the next adjust parameter)

for example ... lets consider the BITE adjust parameter ... use the above steps to navigate to the BITE parameter.

You will see a tiny 1 pixel dot .. that dot should be to the left of the THR line .. if the dot is to the right of the THR line, it means the BITE sensor is too sensitive and values are being sent (and you will see this in a MIDI monitor) ... use the [Up] and [Down] buttons to adjust this so that the pixel dot is hovering to the left of the THR line (the MIDI chatter should stop) ... now pinch the mouth piece with your fingers ... you will see the tiny dot travel to the right (when pinched) and return to the left (when released) ... this traveling dot represents the moment when the bite parameter begins to trigger MIDI data (as it crosses the THR line) .. it also shows you how close it gets to the MAX (the moment maximum MIDI value is reached) ... you will want the adjust these two parameters (THR, MAX) to your liking ... Some folks like it super sensitive ... others like it less

Use this same method to adjust each sensor parameter (to your liking) ...

If you take the time to adjust the THR value for each sensor ... you will not see any MIDI chatter in your MIDI monitor.