Intermittent MIDI Moniter Chatter

Discussions specific to the NuRAD
wshNPC

Intermittent MIDI Moniter Chatter

Post by wshNPC »

During my testing of the NuRad, I encountered an issue that I would like to bring to your attention. When the micro-USB cable is connected to the NuRad and Bite CTL is set to VIB, there’s intermittent MIDI chatter in MIDI Monitor with the bite sensor sending pitchbend data while idle. Not sure if there’s an issue with this particular NuRad. Able to assist?

Below, you will find a summary of the troubleshooting tests I've tried, drawing upon the resources you kindly provided, in an attempt to address the issue, albeit with no success.

Turned off Pitchbend, Lever CTL, EXCT CC A, EXCT CC B, and set Bite CTL to VIB.

Made sure to not touch any sensors.

Tested all Squelch B values and still got MIDI chatter even at max value 30 (please see attached photos).

Tested all Sense BTE values and got MIDI chatter even at min value 1.

Tested turning on NuRad, then pressing pressure valve. Also, tested pressing pressure valve then turning NuRad on.

Tested included micro-USB cable, as well as, two brand new micro-USB cables.

Tested Chargen Pro USB C hub, UtechSmart USB C Hub, and Dell Docking Station D6000 via USB C.

Tested MacBook Air M1 with the hubs above with/without Mac power adapter connected and ASUS E410M laptop USB A port with/without ASUS power adapter connected.

It’s my understanding the Adjust Bite settings do not affect Bite vibrato, but to double check, I tested all value ranges. Note: When I pinch and hold the bite sensor with my fingers, the bite sensor reading on the NuRad goes to the right and holds until I release my fingers.

The only way the MIDI chatter stops while USB is connected is to set the Bite CTL to Off, Glide, CC, or set Vibrato depth to zero.

Note: when my MIDI cable is connected to the NuRad and the micro-USB is disconnected, there’s no bite sensor MIDI chatter with Squelch B set to 15.

Firmware version 1.6.1
Base Model + LiPo. LP2 battery setting.
windsynthhelp
Site Admin

Re: Intermittent MIDI Moniter Chatter

Post by windsynthhelp »

Can you make sure that all adjust settings are appropriately set?
wshNPC

Re: Intermittent MIDI Moniter Chatter

Post by wshNPC »

Thank you. Yes, the "Adjust > Lever" was set too sensitive near the threshold. Because of this, the reference pixel was jittering pass the threshold value intermittently. I adjusted this threshold out a bit further and it seems to have fixed my issue.