How do I swap the standard mouthpiece with one that comes with the Alt MPC Kit.

Discussions specific to the NuEVI
wshNPC

How do I swap the standard mouthpiece with one that comes with the Alt MPC Kit.

Post by wshNPC »

I attempted to gently remove the standard mouthpiece but only ended up pulling one of the breath tubes out of place within the instrument. I placed the breath tube back and the instrument works fine, but I have been unable to find demos or info on how to switch out the mouthpieces. Please let me know the steps to do this or refer me to someone who may know.
windsynthhelp
Site Admin

Re: How do I swap the standard mouthpiece with one that comes with the Alt MPC Kit.

Post by windsynthhelp »

Follow these steps:

1. Remove the two black tubes from behind the current multi-sensor mouthpiece. Note that the two black tubes will have short [ sizer transparent tubes ] over the top of them. Be sure that the short transparent tubes stay on the black tubes. Also, as you remove the tubes from the mouthpiece, be careful not to apply pull pressure on the portion of the black tubes that are inserted inside the main housing.

2. Remove the multi-sensor mouthpiece from the Aluminum bar mount. (including the brass lip sensor).

3. Replace with the 3D printed mouthpiece option of your choice.

4. Re-insert the black tubes into the hind side of the 3D printed Alt mouthpiece. Be sure to align the tubes properly. (pay attention to the tube associated with the multi-sensor mouthpiece (side with the hole). This is the breath sensor. The 3D printed mouthpiece will allow air to blow through the applicable hole.