updated the firmware to 1.6 on my NuEVI. Now the left-hand touch sensor does not work.

Discussions specific to the NuEVI
wshNPC

updated the firmware to 1.6 on my NuEVI. Now the left-hand touch sensor does not work.

Post by wshNPC »

I get C to F# regardless of whether the left index finger touches the body or not.
windsynthhelp
Site Admin

Re: updated the firmware to 1.6 on my NuEVI. Now the left-hand touch sensor does not work.

Post by windsynthhelp »

did you do a factory reset after the update? If so, the automatic sensor calibration on reset was probably thrown off by the K4 key being touched. This is easy to fix by going to the touch sense settings and moving the THR bar to just left of the sensor dot cluster. Right now it’s probably far too much left of the cluster, and when the K4 is touched the reading will then not cross the threshold line.

1. Power off and back on and be sure you are not touching that sensor or the vibrato lever when it powers back on.

2, go into menu and then adjust, and then to touch sense. In that screen anytime, you touch any of the Touch Sensitive buttons, you should see one of the many dots on the right of the line travel across it to the left. Let me know if you see a Dot moving at all or no movement when you touch that key. If you do see it moving, you might find that you need to move that threshold, line closer to the right.

3. Redo the firmware update.

4. Redo the firmware update to a previous version.

Also… Maybe this should be like an earlier thing to try but I’m just going on auto pilot with this right now… See if it does this when you’re not relying on batteries, like with a usb or with a fresh set of batteries.
wshNPC

Re: updated the firmware to 1.6 on my NuEVI. Now the left-hand touch sensor does not work.

Post by wshNPC »

Thanks, Suggestion #2 did the trick! I had to play around with the settings a bit, but then all was well!